[fhb] DUR-CP Planning Meeting March 17, 2021 1 – 4:00 PM

Xu, Steven - ARS steven.xu at usda.gov
Mon Mar 15 16:31:14 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Durum Coordinated Project (DUR-CP) Committee will organize a virtual DUR-CP Planning Meeting at 1-4 PM on March 17, 2021.  The purpose of the meeting is to exchange research results and ideas to enhance collaboration and to avoid duplications in our future research. We invite you to attend the planning meeting. The meeting will include the following agendas:

  1.  Update on the extent of the FHB problem for durum production from the regional growers and industrial representatives
  2.  Review our research progress from the currently-funded projects,
  3.  Discuss the challenges we have faced and the actions we need to take in effectively improving FHB resistance of durum in the next 2-4 years
  4.  Discuss and review currently-available germplasm, genomic resources, and high-throughput genotyping platforms that could be utilized for improvement of FHB resistance in U.S. durum wheat in the next 2-4 years
  5.  Discuss and compile a list of potential projects for new DUR-CP pre-proposal.

Join ZoomGov Meeting
https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1619857959?pwd=akYyZExtaDk0cy9VNHlDZ1pkellqdz09
Meeting ID: 161 985 7959
Passcode: 243181
One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1619857959#,,,,*243181# US (San Jose)
+15512851373,,1619857959#,,,,*243181# US

Sincerely,
Steven Xu
Chair, Durum Coordinated Project Committee

[cid:image001.png at 01D7198E.B43F80B0]
Steven S. Xu
Research Geneticist
United States Department of Agriculture
Research, Education, and Economics Mission Area
Agricultural Research Service
Edward T. Schafer Agricultural Research Center
1616 Albrecht Blvd N, Fargo, ND 58102-2765
Office: 701-239-1327 |Mobile: 701-893-8360 |Fax: 701-239-1369 |Email: steven.xu at usda.gov<mailto:steven.xu at usda.gov>
“Do Right and Feed Everyone”