[FHB] Loss of Phil Bregitzer

Ruth Dill-Macky ruthdm at umn.edu
Mon Mar 16 10:09:54 EDT 2020

To the USWBSI community,

It is with great sadness that I pass on the news to you that Phil Bregitzer
died yesterday.  Kathy Klos sent out a message this morning that indicated
that Phil Bregitzer was caught in an avalanche yesterday afternoon while
skiing and that he did not survive.

Phil will be remembered him for the enthusiasm and energy he put into both
his work and life.  He was a leader in barley genetics with his research
program in Aberdeen Idaho and all of us in the barley and USWBSI communities
we will undoubtedly feel his loss.

At this time we do not know what plans his wife Edy will make for his
remembrance, but we will keep you informed as that information becomes
available.

In sadness,

Ruth Dill-Macky
-
Ruth Dill-Macky, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Plant Pathology
University of Minnesota
495 Borlaug Hall, 1991 Upper Buford Circle
St Paul, MN 55108
USA
Ph: 612-625-2227