[FHB] FW: ISFHB in Banff Cancelled

Sue Canty nfo at scabusa.org
Thu Mar 12 12:39:01 EDT 2020

Dear 6th ISFHB Registrants, Speakers and Sponsors,

In light of the fact the World Health Organization has declared the novel
Coronavirus COVID-19 as pandemic, we have decided to CANCEL the 6th
International Symposium on Fusarium Head Blight, scheduled for March 23 -
26, 2020 in Banff, Alberta.

This is very disappointing, but we feel it is important to minimize risk for
the FHB community, their families and organizations. We are working on the
financial and contractual implications but hope to be in a position to issue
refunds (part or full) for paid registrations. We recognize the difficulties
and expenses incurred with flights and other travel arrangements. We
apologize, but hope you support the decision to put safety before finances.

Please make all arrangements to cancel your flights with the airline or
travel agent. Be sure to contact the Banff Centre to cancel your guest room
reservation: 1-800-884-7574.  Also cancel your shuttle bus or car rental
reservations.

It is our intention to reschedule the Symposium and we will keep you
informed of those plans.

Thank you for your understanding, especially given this rapidly changing
global health issue.

Sincerely,

6th ISFHB Conference Committee
Dilantha Fernando, Gopal Subramaniam, Nora Foroud, James Tucker, Kelly
Turkington, Brenda Trask

Brenda Trask
SeCan - Manager Communications
400 - 300 Terry Fox Drive
Kanata, ON K2K 0E3
T: 613.592.8600 X225 C: 613.720.7528
 <mailto:btrask at secan.com> btrask at secan.com    <http://www.secan.com/>
www.secan.com

This email may be privileged and/or confidential. Any distribution, use or
copying of this email or the information it contains by other than an
intended recipient is unauthorized. If you receive this email in error,
please advise the sender immediately.