[FHB] Quality photos needed for USWBSI Community Photo Library

Dave Hane dhane at scabusa.org
Wed May 30 17:40:09 EDT 2018

We apologize if your receive multiple copies of this email as it is being
sent to multiple mailing lists.

Greetings!

We would like to invite contributions to the U.S. Wheat and Barley Scab
Initiative's Community Photo Library from the ‘Scab Community.’  All
registered users for the USWBSI Applications (i.e. EPS System, Discussion
Board, etc.) are encouraged to upload images relevant to working on
Scab/DON.

The majority of the photos currently in the library, especially
research-related photos, are at least five to ten years old, and we are
lacking variety within and across the image categories (e.g. Field Research,
DON Labs , Greenhouse/Lab, Management Practices, etc.).  Please keep this
request in mind not only for photos you currently have, but also throughout
your ‘research cycle.’   Images uploaded will be available to all
‘registered users’ to download, and may be used in articles, proceedings
cover, web pages, etc. created for the Initiative’s purposes, including for
the website's front page slideshow.   You will be contacted if a photo you
uploaded is selected for a publication (article, proceedings cover).

To submit photos to the Photo Library, first log in at the Scabusa home page
( <https://scabusa.org/> https://scabusa.org).  Then click on ‘Photo Library
– Image Upload’ under the USWBSI Applications, and then follow the
instructions.  If you don’t have a user account, and would like to submit
photos, please contact Sue Canty in the NFO at  <mailto:nfo at scabusa.org>
nfo at scabusa.org.  We want good quality, high resolution images, but keep in
mind there are uploading limitations.  Currently our system accepts files
based on the following criteria:

Ø  File Type – png, gif, jpg, jpeg, tiff, and tif;
Ø  File Size – Maximum size is 100MB, however, we recommend not exceeding
20MB to prevent browser timing out and cancelling the upload when using
slower network connections;
Ø  Maximum Image Resolution – 8,000 x 8,000 pixels.
Ø  Minimum Image Resolution – 90 x 90 pixels

As indicated in the image upload instructions, along with providing a title
and description, you must also select a category.  If you feel your image
does not fit well into any of the existing categories, please use the
‘Description’ field to suggest a new one.

Finally, to view the current library please click the Flickr image logo
under the "Follow Us" menu on the USWBSI's homepage,  <https://scabusa.org/>
https://scabusa.org, or by using this link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148213110@N03/collections.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or problems
uploading an image file.  Thanks in advance for your contributions!

Dave Hane
USWBSI-NFO System Administrator
 <mailto:dhane at scabusa.org> dhane at scabusa.org